Monday, October 12, 2009

Great Start to the Week!

First off, let me apologize for being so bad at following through on my promised blogs! The past two weeks have been rough for me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But God is good, and I am recovering and feeling less overwhelmed each day! =) Once I recognized that I was a little too extended, I found someone to preach for me this coming Sunday and will spend the week catching up on other (much needed) stuff and resting/seeking Christ.

This week started off on a very good note! Our two services at Fc3 went well, despite a somewhat low attendance due to sickness and travel. My fantasy football team won again- putting me at 4-1 and in sole possession of first place! Yes! (If you know how competitive I am you understand the seriousness of that praise... haha) And then today I found out that I won an online contest that I had forgotten I even entered!! I never win things, so this was really cool!

My favorite preacher, Matt Chandler, did a video teaching series on the book of Philippians through an organization called The Hub- and I was chosen to receive a free boxed set copy of the teachings! You can see me listed on the winner announcement site, as well as mentioned in the video blog, here.

Anyway, it is a great start to what will hopefully be an even better week full of Christ. This week I will start my "10 Things That Increase My Love for Christ" series, so be on the lookout for that!

Much love,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment