Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Blog Series: 10 Things That Increase My Love for Christ

My favorite preacher, Matt Chandler, often says that the Christian life can be simplified into the commands to do whatever stirs your affections for Christ and avoid whatever robs you of your affections for Christ. He gets this idea from Piper, who gets it from Jonathan Edwards, and on and on all the way back to (I believe) the New Testament and Old Testament. The idea is that Christians should be living very intentional lives and should pay attention to how their actions and habits affect their love for Jesus.


This advice has had a large impact on my walk with Christ and my joy found in him. For the next few weeks, I will be doing a blog series on 10 of the things that increase my love for Christ. I hope you will learn something about me, be challenged and convicted, and be spurred on to deeper intimacy and joy in your own walk with Christ.


Coming tomorrow: #1- Passionate Music

1 comment:

  1. Cool. Sounds like an interesting and helpful series.

    Thanks for your time given in sharing.

    ReplyDelete