Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10 Things That Increase My Love for Christ: #2- Preaching/Teaching

Let me throw three facts your way.


1- I failed Speech class in high school.

2- I have historically struggled with anxiety.

3- I make a living as a public speaker.


Yes, it is odd and strange and largely unexplainable but God has seen it right to call me to preach and teach His Scriptures to His people. I get to exercise this calling at First Colony Christian Church almost every Sunday as well as local schools and youth events around Texas.


Preaching is one of my favorite things to do, for many reasons: It is incredibly energizing for my spirit (while taking a toll on my physical energy) and it is incredibly rewarding to watch God work through His Scriptures. The call to preach is also a guarantee of constant conviction- there is no way to engage the Scriptures without be convicted like crazy of your own sin.


I have found that when Christians exercise the gifts and callings God has given them- they find a surreal amount of joy and closeness to Him. What has God called you to? What are some ministry activities that increase your love for Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment