Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life in Kenya

Hello all! I arrived in Nairobi last night and found myself at the college around 10:30pm. The flights were long and cramped - but for the most part perfectly fine. I had a good nights sleep (no malaria meds nightmares... yet) and woke up this morning at 7:00 with lots of energy and enthusiasm. What exactly is jet-lag? I felt super human.

But, jet-lag is apparently how you feel after teaching for four hours with faux energy. I am exhausted. The day was very good - the people here are great and there is a very nice American center with great food right by my cottage. The classes went well - the language barrier is trying, but my students are great and are very passionate about applying the Word. Pray for me - I am teaching six hours a day for most days the rest of my trip, will be preaching Sunday at a church-plant, and might be doing one or two chapels during my stay.

I'll try to post a video soon!

Love,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment