Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camp Bridgeport 2010 (JH1)




My second great adventure of this summer was my week speaking at Camp Bridgeport, a very nice retreat center that holds summer camps for Methodist youth. I was invited to come and speak at one of the Junior High camps from June 21-26.

While I have spoken at lots of different churches, schools, and youth events- this was my first gig speaking at a full week of camp. That, combined with the fact that the youth were middle schoolers, (what I consider to be the hardest group for me to communicate to) meant that I was very excited and a little nervous.

It was also an adventure to get there. I was supposed to arrive on on June 20 to get to know the other staff and volunteers - but a lack of sleep, some sickness, and some crazy last minute work items kept me away until right before camp started on the 21st. I drove the 6 hours up to the camp, on 4 hours of sleep over the last two days, and stopped repeatedly unsure if I could keep going. A few faithful friends carried me in prayer- and I arrived safely.

For our week of camp, we were entrusted with just under 200 youngsters who quickly became valued friends to me. I have lots of great stories from camp, made lots of great friends, and was overwhelmed with how God continued to increase a love for ministry in my heart. There are few things as life-giving as watching and being a part of God's work.

To my Bridgeport kids- what was one (or a few) of the things that God taught you during the week of JH1 Camp? Comment and share!!


2 comments:

  1. that's awesomeee (: <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was great!! what you taught us actually made sense, when often times in church i don't know what anyone is talking about. thank you sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete