Monday, September 21, 2009

Fc3: The Launch, 1 John, and Baptisms

So, I know that many of you who read my blog but are unable to attend my church (Fc3 - www.fcccdoc.org) have been wondering how our “Launch” went on the 9/13... It was so awesome!! When I got hired on as Pastor last January, we were getting on average 35-40 people a Sunday- on the 13th we had over 90 people across two services!! I am not one to lust after numbers, but it was definitely exciting to have our building full and to have so many people present to worship with us and hear the Gospel.

Yesterday, Fc3 started what will be for us a long series on the book of 1 John- a series that I am ridiculously excited about! We started it by talking about koinonia (fellowship) with each other and God- and the resulting joy (1:1-4). This next week we will be digging into the topic of sin, the Christian (and non-Christian) approaches and struggles with it, and Christ’s beautiful cross.

On October 4th we will be baptizing a few of our people!!! Being privileged to participate in baptisms is something that is indescribably energizing and encouraging to me. It is so awesome to see and hear about what God is doing in and among us! I say this here often, but if you are looking for a church home you definitely need to come and check us out!! As the fall is officially underway and the kids are back in school, we are striving into the future at about 50-55 people and have big hopes to grow (numerically and spiritually) and reach out in love to those around us in the name of Jesus.

Coming Next- - One of my favorite prayers out of my beloved Puritan Prayer book “The Valley of Vision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment