Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Book Reviews: #4- "A Wolf at the Table"- Augusten Burroughs

I love memoirs.  They are by and far my favorite genre of literature.  Recently I read a great one called “Beautiful Boy” about a dad and his meth-addicted son.  It was heartbreaking.  But sobering.  And in a real way that infuses life into my heart.


I recently read one called “A Wolf at the Table” by Augusten Burroughs.  It is a memoir about his relationship with his distant and (somewhat) abusive father.  The work is a riveting read- Augusten is a master story teller with an uncanny ability to infuse humor into even the most tragic situations.  He also has a keen eye to the realities undergirding childish thought and evaluations of situations and relationships.


If you like memoirs, this one is worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment