Saturday, August 29, 2009

A confession and a love...

Confession Time: This week was rough on me- physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I entered into 19 hours of school juggling multiple projects for the church and with a few too many meetings planned. When I am tired, I get frustrated and faithless. I withdraw from those around me and from Jesus. As with anyone who is overcommitted and struggling, I began asking the question “Why am I doing this?” Why am I a pastor at 21 years of age? Why am I in school, taking this many classes, with these majors? Why am I so poor? haha

I was reminded yesterday and today why I do what I do. Because I love it. Because even during times where it seems like too much- Christ uses it to enrich and grow me. As I was polishing off tomorrows sermon on Serving Selflessly (with a Camp Barnabas shout out)- I was reminded of my passion for preaching and Christ’s incredible gift to let me do it for a living.

I have a long way to go to be who I want to be (who I AM in Christ), a long way to go in my love and patience for people, a long way to go in my faith and character in Christ- but I know that He is working through me and will see it to completion. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment